TICKET GIVEAWAY: Red & White on Thursday Night – Wine and Brew Event
We have talked about this event before, and because we love it and the cause, we want to remind you of a wonderful event next Thursday – Red & White on Thursday Night, Akron’s Premier Food, Wine (and now) Craft Beer Event.
The main event includes unlimited, delicious cuisine from the area’s top chefs, wines from domestic and international wineries and, new this year, local Ohio craft beer tastings. Even better for couples, like myself and E who have different preferences.
On Thursday, January 25 at Quaker Station, Downtown Akron you have the opportunity to gorge yourself on tasty local bites and indulge (responsibly, hey it’s Thursday after all) on high-class wines and beers from your favorite Ohio breweries. (We are especially excited for Rhinegeist! Visit them the next time you’re in Cincinnati.)
Why are we eating all of this local cuisine, craft beer and wine? GREAT question! To benefit the Arthritis Foundation. In Northeastern Ohio, nearly 1.3 million people of all ages have been diagnosed with arthritis, including 108,000 in Summit County, and chances are you know someone who is impacted.
The Arthritis Foundation’s 21st Annual Red & White on Thursday Night is from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. which gives you plenty of time to head over after work.
Participating restaurants include:
- Bistro on Main
- Cilantro Thai & Sushi Restaurant
- Chocolates by Erin
- Dewey’s Pizza
- Melt Bar and Grilled
- Nuevo Modern Mexican & Tequila Bar
- Saffron Patch in the Valley
- The Galaxy Restaurant & Banquet Center
- The Tavern of Richfield
- The Twisted Olive
- Thorpe’s Market Avenue Grill & Pub
- The West Side Bakery
- Coffee will be provided by Akron Coffee Roasters
Wine tastings and Ohio craft beer will be provided by:
- Bottle to Glass
- Gervasi Vineyard
- HiHO Brewing Co.
- Hoppin’ Frog Brewery
- MANCAN Wine, LLC
- Mucky Duck Brewing Co.
- Nauti Vine Winery
- Rhinegeist Brewery
- Soroca Imports
- Traderman Distributors and Wine Trends
All proceeds from one of our favorite fundraisers will support critical local Arthritis Foundation initiatives including programs, services and research for a cure. (More than 50 million Americans, including an estimated 300,000 kids, live with arthritis – the nation’s leading cause of disability.)
In addition to the cost of admission, the Arthritis Foundation benefits from the silent auction proceeds. Some highlights include:
- The wine bottle raffle featuring a variety of Gervasi wines – grand prize is a one-night stay at the Gervasi Farmhouse. We will also be adding a game of heads or tails this year.
- The live auction will feature a Hotsprings Spas three person Hot Spot SX spa with thermal cover donated by Ohio Pools and Spas and other exciting items.
- Silent auction highlights include: A four pack of park hopper passes to Disney World, a foursome of golf at the exclusive Canterbury Golf Club in Shaker Heights, dining experiences, family fun packages, spa packages and more.
Rules: You can enter daily, but make sure to come back and leave a comment.
There are four ways to win!
- Leave a comment here telling us what vendor or wine you’re looking to try.
- Tweet the following: “I want to win two tickets from @amusedinohio to Red & White on Thursday Night! http://goo.gl/jE73GX #akronredwhite #giveaway”
- Like the the Arthritis Foundation, Northeastern Ohio Chapter and Two Amused Bouches on Facebook.
- Share that you would like to win tickets with your friends on Facebook, and tag the Arthritis Foundation of Northeastern Ohio and Two Amused Bouches.
Disclosure: I have served on the Red and White committee, and was also asked to help promote the event by the Arthritis Foundation for an exchange of tickets for a winner.
Total disclosure: I truly believe this is a fantastic event, for an even more fantastic cause.